12 quotes from Michael Cohen's book Disloyal
Disloyal. Here are some quotes from the book and some thoughts about the book and Trump.
Michael Cohen confirms: Trump is corrupt and ruthless
What Michael Cohen has to say should not be a surprise to anyone, at this point. He paints a picture of Trumps as a narcissist, a sociopath, a liar, a racist, a criminal, and an authoritarian. Here are some quotes:
- Doing anything -and I mean anything- to "win" has always been his business model and way of life.
- I bore witness to the real man, in strip clubs, shady business meetings, and in unguarded moments when he revealed who he really was: a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a bully, a racist, a predator, a con man.
- He crushed and cheated all who stood in his way.
- He projects his own sins onto others, partly to distract and confuse, but mostly because he thinks everyone is as corrupt and shameless and ruthless as he is.
- The task in a catch, kill, and twist operation was to bury the truth, and if that wasn't possible, to distort it beyond recognition, to sow doubt and confusion and even fear.
- Look at what Trump is doing now: running the world, into the ground, but still, he literally rules.
- He abandoned the truth in favor of falsehoods- which he knew perfectly well were false- in exchange for news-cycle soundbites, and the media has fallen for it over and over and over, to this day and beyond.
- Trump doesn't help people, he preys on them.
- In defending the indefensible, you can't resort to reason or facts or good business practice; you can't appeal to conscience or justice or fairness. All that is left is what I resorted to, and what Trump displays so often: rage.
- No one ever tells Trump the truth about his behavior and beliefs, or the consequences of his conduct and ignorance and arrogance, in business or in his personal life and now in politics. Trump truly is the boy in the bubble, impervious to the thoughts and feelings of others, entirely and utterly focused on his own desires and ambitions.
- Trump was a mobster plain and simple, and I had just participated in political and personal blackmail.
- Everyone other than the ruling class on the earth was like an ant, to his way of thinking, their lives meaningless and always subject to the whims of the rulers of the world.