- People can and do change all the time especially when they feel they are taken seriously and treated fairly
- Religious conflict is solvable.
- There is already a slow (and sometimes not so slow) but steady trend towards emancipation of women throughout the world.
- There is nothing inevitable about high crime rates.
- Although there will sometimes be local exceptions, throughout history the prevalence of violence has gone down and continues to go down.
- The coming decades will show the decline of hunger and poverty in Africa.
It can sometimes be hard to find optimism within ourselves but it can be useful and I think it can be learned.
Question: I am challenging you to formulate one shamelessly optimistic statement about the world or humanity.