Here are 10 interesting quotes from the book: The Genius in All of Us: Why Everything You've Been Told About Genetics, Talent, and IQ Is Wrong by David Shenk:
- Every day in every way you are helping to shape which genes become active. Your life is interacting with your genes (p27)
- While we'll never have true control over our lives, we do have the power to impact them enormously (p27)
- Children develop only as the environment demands development (p35)
- Intelligence is a dynamic, diffuse, and ongoing process (p42)
- No one is genetically designed into greatness and few are biologically restricted from attaining it (p43)
- Talent is not the cause but the result of something (p49)
- Short term intensity cannot replace long-term commitment (p54)
- With humility, with hope, and with extraordinary determination, greatness is something to which any kid -of any age- can aspire (p10)
- Stability does not imply unchangeability (Michael Howe, p34)
- People make a great mistake who think that my art has come easily to me. Nobody has devoted so much time and thought to composition as I (WA Mozart, p57).
Which one do you like best?